Terrazza del Lago
A unique and opulent estate
ASK FOR AVAILABILITY
Italy, Lake Como, Lombardy
Terrazza del Lago
What dreams are made of
La Terrazza Del Lago enjoys certain notoriety, starting with its privileged position on the western shore of Lake Como, boasting unparalleled views. This unique and opulent estate is a rare gem, rich with history. It originally belonged to the famous Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio, who built it at the end of the 16th century.
A century later, it was remodeled, enlarged, and embellished by Cardinal Angelo Maria Durini who used the Villa to host endless, extravagant festivals, banquets, and dances to entertain the most gallant and dignified members of society.
Nowadays, La Terrazza Del Lago is the largest private residence on Lake Como, occupying over two hectares of private grounds, which host an extensive sumptuous garden, an outdoor swimming pool, a private pier, and a boathouse.
The finest objets d’art and furniture of past centuries, sourced from Sotheby’s and Christie’s, adorn the historic and opulent interiors of La Terrazza.
Spectacular 17th-century frescoes painted by the Recchi brothers and Agostino Silva decorate the walls, untouched by time.
With its distinguished history and an unparalleled blend of man-made and natural beauty, La Terrazza Del Lago is, without doubt, the most glamorous estate on Lake Como.
DOWNLOAD OUR DETAILED BROCHURE
From the breathtaking views overlooking Lake Como and the mountains beyond to the opulent interiors and exteriors, guests will experience an unequaled level of luxury, style, and beauty.
Listed amongst the most prestigious venues on Lake Como, by Harpers Bazaar and Vogue US, La Terrazza Del Lago, with its elegant dramatic flair and scenic backdrop, is the perfect venue for any important event: from a fairytale wedding to a glamorous party, a private photo session or an intimate elopement.
La Terrazza Del Lago is what dreams are made of.
- Situated on the western shore of Lake Como, La Terrazza Del Lago is a rare Italian gem.
- This exceptional historical palazzo once belonged to the famous Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio, who built it at the end of the 16th century and used it as his main residence.
- From the breathtaking views overlooking Lake Como and the lavish surroundings to the opulent interiors, guests will experience an unparalleled height of style, elegance, and luxury.
- The finest objets d’art and furniture of past centuries, sourced from Sotheby’s and Christie’s, adorn the historic and opulent interiors of La Terrazza.
- Crystal chandeliers, glittering gold accents, and antique gild-edged mirrors further enhance the beauty of the collection.
- Exclusive accommodation in a veritable historical palazzo.
- Explore the picturesque paradise surrounding La Terrazza Del Lago.
- Take a boat ride or a seaplane ride for a tour over the lake, visit its famous attractions, or enjoy a leisurely stroll through the charming local towns and villages nearby.