AUTHENTIC ITALIAN ADVENTURE
ASK FOR AVAILABILITY
Italy, Matera, Basilicata
Surrounded by the serene and pristine countryside
Palazzo Italiano is an exclusive, out-of-the-ordinary, royal retreat situated in Bernalda, a hilltop town, in the province of Matera.
The villa is nestled between the ancient cities of Metapontum and Matera, an area rich with history, featuring dramatic landscapes and haunting primordial cave dwellings dating back 1000’s of years, called Sassi di Matera, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Built in 1892, this authentic 19th-century palazzo is a luxurious Italian boutique hotel, truly stunning and regal, surrounded by the serene and pristine countryside of Matera and its thriving local agriculture.
The Palazzo Italiano is a rich and authentic Italian adventure that ushers guests into an ardent, private and enchanted world of palatial comforts.
As you step into the villa’s majestic courtyard you will be entranced by its stunning, flawlessly tended gardens, the striking baroque fountain, luxurious swimming pool, and outdoor relaxation and dining areas.
Immersed in total privacy, serenity, and luxury, Palazzo Italiano is just steps from a small, charming, and bustling town.
DOWNLOAD OUR DETAILED BROCHURE
The interiors of Palazzo Italiano, with its exquisite vaulted ceilings, tiled floors, and hand-painted fresco ceilings, restored and designed by acclaimed French designer, Jacques Grange, are a sight to behold.
Just imagine having access to nine exquisite, luxurious suites, accommodating up to 26 guests, while enjoying a number of exclusive amenities including your own secluded pool and private sandy beach with umbrellas and gazebos.
The suites are all tastefully furnished and embody the timeless elegance of Italian traditional design, with floor-to-ceiling windows opening up onto courtyards, private terraces or lush secluded gardens. The suites host large, lavish private bathrooms featuring clawfoot bathtubs, separate showers, and king-sized beds. Every corner of Palazzo Italiano has been meticulously curated down to the finest details to guarantee the utmost in quality and comfort.
Palazzo Italiano is a dream come true, a place where magic happens. Your mind and heart will be transported to a timeless place by the villa’s grandiose interiors and extravagant gardens, just ten minutes from the infinite stretches of white sandy beaches bordering the Mediterranean.
Whether you are looking for a relaxing escape, a place to host a cozy celebration, or a multi-generational family reunion, Palazzo Italiano is the perfect destination.
Palazzo Italiano is very singular place, where history, art, nature, tradition and good taste, have conspired to create a remarkable and authentic Italian getaway fit for royalty.
- Stunning historical Palazzo near Matera, famous for its ancient cave dwellings, dramatic landscapes, and historic houses, just ten minutes from infinite stretches of white sandy beaches bordering the Mediterranean.
- This authentic 19th-century palazzo is a luxurious Italian boutique hotel, immersed in the serene and pristine countryside of Matera.
- The Villa is surrounded by gardens, a courtyard, and a swimming pool, just steps from a small, bustling Mediterranean town.
- Typically styled with tiled and marble floors as well as hand-painted fresco ceilings originally restored.
- Take pleasure in a quintessentially Italian experience: swimming in a private pool within a walled garden.
- Enjoy guided tours of Matera or a sailboat excursion along the Ionian Coast