TRANSPORTED IN TIME
ASK FOR AVAILABILITY
Italy, Perugia, Umbria
Nestled in the green heart of Umbria
Nestled in the green heart of Umbria, the distinct splendor of La Fortezza dominates the hilltop of the small town of Capodacqua di Foligno. Situated in the valley between Fosso del Colle and Fosso Della Valle di Collelungo, this 14th-century fortress was built to protect the route to Colfiorito, a strategically important tower at the time.
You’ll be transported in time by the fairytale atmosphere of this 14th-century historic castle surrounded by the lush Umbrian hills of central Italy. La Fortezza has been transformed into one of the most unique and grandiose historic residences in Umbria.
Treat yourself to the once-in-a-lifetime experience, stay in a medieval tower, and get pampered like royalty.
Choose from 5 luxurious guestrooms, meticulously decorated to delight your senses in this architectural treasure dating back to the 1300s.
Four of the five suites are located in the restored medieval tower. One of our luxury suites is located on the highest floor of the tower with direct access to a large scenic terrace with 360° views over the castle and the Umbrian valley.
DOWNLOAD OUR DETAILED BROCHURE
Every suite is luxuriously unique and features vaulted stone or beam ceilings, and a luxurious ensuite bathroom. Tastefully decorated down to the finest details to guarantee maximum comfort and relaxation in total luxury.
Tasteful use of antique furnishings combined with high-end modern amenities and a dedication to comfort and luxury make La Fortezza the perfect destination for the quintessential luxury dream holiday set in a romantic oasis, surrounded by Umbria’s pristine nature.
Sleep like royalty in the deluxe room of the pentagonal Guelph tower, with its crenelated parapet and sweeping views over the valley. Unwind by the heated outdoor pool set in La Fortezza’s historic courtyard and enjoy memorable dinners alfresco, under the stars.
Book the entire castle for a private event or an exclusive and truly enchanting wedding. You can tie the knot in the castle’s charming chapel, dedicated to Madonna del Castello, recently restored to its original splendor.
The large outdoor courtyard at La Fortezza is a perfect and unforgettable backdrop for any important event. Come live the fairytale at La Fortezza, the most unique and grandiose historic residence in Umbria.
- Savor the fairytale atmosphere of this 14th-century historic castle, surrounded by the lush Umbrian hills in central Italy.
- La Fortezza is an architectural treasure dating to the 1300s which has been transformed into one of the most unique and unforgettable luxury historic residences in Umbria
- The large outdoor courtyard at La Fortezza is a perfect and unforgettable backdrop for any important event. Ideal for events of historical character, and for minimal style and trendy décor concepts
- Choose from 5 luxurious suites, meticulously decorated to enhance this architectural treasure and equipped with high-end modern amenities to guarantee luxury, comfort, and relaxation.
- La Fortezza is a private realm dedicated to luxury and relaxation where guests can be pampered like royalty.